WHAT IS IT?
The Pacific Coast Arena Polo League is a competition where polo players from different clubs have the opportunity to compete throughout the season for year end awards. Players do not need to participate in every tournament to be eligible.
There will be 3 divisions for players to compete in, as well as overall high point. The divisions are as follows:
A Flight (1 to 3 goals)
B Flight (-1 to 1)
C Flight (-3 to – 1)
All participants must be USPA members. USPA Handicaps will be applied except in the case where changes are agreed upon prior to June 1, 2012 per the tournament committee.
$100/player/season – League entry fee will be used to pay for the awards and players portion of the year end awards banquet.
All participants must be league members. League fee does not include the individual club tournament fees.
DATE HOST CLUB LOCATION
June 16 OC Polo Coto de Caza
July 7 SDPC Del Mar
July 8 Poway (at SDPC) Del Mar
Aug 4 Bel Air Polo Club Los Angeles
September 8 Central Coast San Luis Obispo
October 13 California Polo Club Los Angeles
Awards Banquet Date/Time/Location to be Determined – in Los Angeles area
Use of professional umpires will be left to individual club discretion. In the event of a problem, the tournament committee reserves the right to require use of professional umpires.
Awards shall be provided for the following categories:
(Awards are based on highest number of points in each category)
• Champion and Reserve Champion Overall Player
• A Flight High Point Champion and Reserve
• B Flight High Point Champion and Reserve
• C Flight High Point Champion and Reserve
• Most Valuable Player
• Best Playing Pony
• Best Sportsmanship
• Overall Team Champion – new this year!! Each team that remains unchanged throughout the duration of the league will be eligible for this award. The intent of this award is to recognized team continuity.
Win: 3 points Tie: 2 points Loss: 1 point
Most Valuable Player, Best Playing Pony, Best Sportsmanship: 1 point
• Players who play 2 chukkars will received ½ points
• Players participating in multiple divisions per day will count the highest # of points in either division (not the sum of both divisions).
• In the event of a tie, the player who participated in the most league tournaments throughout the year will receive the award. Points will be tallied and sent to tournament committee no later than 1 week after each tournament. Any discrepancies must be reported in writing within 1 week from email date, or the emailed points will become finalized.
• Each club will host 1 league tournaments.
• Points from each individual’s top 5 tournaments will be counted. (Players are encouraged to participate in all 6 tournaments and have their lowest score dropped. Participation in all tournaments is not required).
HOST CLUB REQUIREMENTS
• Provide awards for winning teams, MVP, Best Pony and Best Sportsmanship for each match
• Each host club must have a minimum of 3 players participating in each of the 6 tournaments
• Tally and email all points for all divisions to Heather within 3 days of tournament
• Have the arena prepared and provide a working PA system
• Supply meal & beverages for players
• Provide clean stalls, feed and water for horses staying overnight (at a cost not to exceed $25 per horse), plus ample trailer parking
• Provide announcers (to be arranged in advance with tournament committee)
One representative from each Host Club will serve on the Tournament Committee. These players will evaluate and rule on problems that may arise during the tournament. Each Host Club has one vote in the event of a disagreement. In case of a particularly sensitive issue, the committee reserves the right to call in a neutral 3rd party to help get it resolved.
Bel Air PC: Erik Wright
California PC: Rodney Fragodt & Max Duarte
Central Coast: Megan Judge
OC Polo: Heather Perkins
Poway: Russ Sheldon
SDPC: Nourdean Anakar